How to Prepare for Your First Treatment
How do I prepare for my first visit?
1. You should eat food within 6 hours of receiving your treatment. If you have not, a light snack is recommended. It is important that you do not eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol right before your treatment.
2. Depending on the nature of the complaint, needles may be retained for various lengths of time, and additional modalities may need to be used, thus resulting in varying treatment times.
3. It is not always necessary to disrobe. Depending on where the needles are placed, specific article of clothing may need to be removed. It is advisable to wear undergarments since it is not always possible to cover the body completely.
4. For an accurate diagnosis, it is important to examine your tongue. If possible, do not brush your tongue the day or your exam and treatment. Additionally, try to avoid coffee, tea, or hard candies within 2 hours of treatment, as these will falsely discolor the tongue.
5. Only pre-sterilized, disposable acupuncture needles are used. Needles are not reused
HOW IS HIGHLAND ACUPUNCTURE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CLINICS?
Enter your answer here. Be thoughtful with your answer, write clearly and concisely, and consider adding written as well as visual examples. Go over what you’ve written to make sure that if it was the first time you were visiting the site, you’d understand your answer.